Tiramisu’ is the classic Italian dessert. Make it to impress your guests. Everyone loves it!
Tiramisu’ is the classic Italian dessert. Everyone knows it. Most Italians have made it at least once in their lives. You can’t go wrong with it!
Here what you need to make the Tiramisu’:
6 small cups strong coffee
3 eggs + 2 yolks
200g sugar + sugar for coffee
20g dark chocolate
300g Savoiardi biscuits
Andiamo in cucina! Let’s go to the kitchen
1. First thing you do is the coffee: prepare 6 small cups of strong coffee. No need to say that in Italy, tiramisu’ is made with espresso coffee. Put sugar to taste.
2. Make the mascarpone cream: with an electric whisk, work together sugar and eggs for at least 20 minutes. The more you whisk it, the better. If you’re serious about cooking you might consider to get an electric food stand mixer .
3. After whisking for 20 min or more, add the mascarpone with a spatula till everything is blended together. Leave the cream on the side.
4. Get the coffee you made and add some warm water in a ratio 1 to 4 (one cup of water every 4 of coffee)
5. In a tray, put a layer of cream first. Then dunk the biscuit into the warm (not hot) coffee and create a layer. One biscuit at a time. Once you finish a layer, add more cream and create another layer of dunked biscuits on top.
6. Finish with a layer of cream and one of grated dark chocolate.
Your Italian tiramisu’ is ready to go in the fridge for a couple of hours. After then, Buon appetito!
Tirami-su means pick me up or pull me up.
Tirami = Pick me
su = up
But in the unfortunate case in which you are stuck somewhere high, you can say:
Tirami = pull me
giu’ = down
If you enjoy this content and you would like more, please donate the amount you find worth it. S’abbinirica!! (old Sicilian respectful greeting meaning Bless me. The answer would be Diu ti binirici, God bless you.)
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.Diu ti binirici! Donate. Diu ti binirici! Donate. Diu ti binirici! Donate.